27 W. Anapamu Street - suite #278 - Santa Barbara, CA 93101 - USA - Cell (805) 895 8185
Office in France: 5, Allée de la Pierre Levée - 85180 - Le Château d'Olonne - France - Tél : 126.96.36.199.53.31
French Professionnal Press I.D.: Carte de Presse professionnelle: #37.284
A.K.A.: La Roche-Rigault
Member National Press Photographers Association ( NPPA Photojournalist) USA: Member
Born: April 22nd 1940 at La Roche-Rigault - 86200 - France
- Two daughters: Patricia (born 1962) and Vanessa (born1975).
- Collège Français in Buenos-Aires (Argentina) 1952 to 1958
- Lycée Louis Le Grand à Paris (Baccalauréats) 1958 & 1959
- Faculté de Droit et Sciences Economiques (Law & Economics College) - Paris - 1959 to 1963
- English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
Athletism (track & field), sky diving , pilot (Ultralight instructor ).
Professionnal Internships :
1) at C.F.P.J. "Paris University for Professionnal Journalism" - Computer word processing (BobsGraphics) & Editorial Director (1980)
2) University of California at Santa Barbara (U.C.S.B.) - WebMaster - WEB Internet (1996-97)
- Ace-reporter, War correspondant, TV & press journalist,
- Photo-reporter & TV Reporter & Film Director/Producer,
- Editor in Chief of a Press Photo Agency,
- Computer publishing (Mac, NeXT et PC).
Speaker at Workshops & International Conferences.
Subjects: Author Rights, Digital photos, Photojournalism, Info technology...and the WebMobile!
- "Press Photo Agencies and Digital imaging" (Paris-Infomart - April 1991)
- "Action for a Global transmission Network of Digital pictures for the Press" (Paris-SIGED - October 1991)
- "Press professionnals and High Definition digital imaging" (AFNOR - Multimédia et normalisation - January 1992)
- "The Image Kiosk and Digital Imaging" (SIGED - Sept.1992)
- "Protection and Commercialization of Photographs" (Conference at Collège de France - Colloque C.I.D. - December 7, 1992)
- "IKON, a software for photo professionals" (PressClub de France - Paris, June 4, 1993)
- "Press Photo Agencies and Author Rights" (Colloque Droits d'auteurs et Multimédia - Paris, Novembre 18, 1993)
- "The WebMobile, First Wired-itinerant Press Photo Agency in the World!" (Internet World Expo - Paris, September 23, 1997)
- "Internet in the Sky": The TELEDESIC project (l'Atelier de Paribas, Paris - June 14 '98)
Consultant (main assignments):
- United Nations (NYK): Methodization for Photo, TV and Radio Archives (New-York, Dec. 1992),
- CCETT - French Institute for Advanced Telecommunications at Rennes (F): Planning and Implimentation of Photo Data Bases for ATM Technologies (March 1994 & Telecom '94 in Geneva, Switzerland)),
- French Press & Newspapers Owners Union: Author Right for Media Owners (Paris, May 1995).
TV Director and Producer:
- 1967: Itinéraires de l'Aventure: co-producer - 13 x 60 minutes (Tourism and Discovery in Africa)
- 1968: Civilisations: co-producer - 13 episodes 60 minutes serie (Ethnology in Africa)
- 1970: Sous le Baudrier d'Orion - (Benin, Niger) for Air Afrique Airline.
- 1970-1980: Features & News for French TV: Tchad, Cameroun, Central African Republic, Niger, Gabon, Ivory Coast, etc.
- 1974: La Guinée de Sékou Touré, for TF1 - France's main TV Network,
- 1975: Ferké II - Sugar Industry in Ivory Coast - for French TV Antenne 2,
- 1981: Chad, 52' for FR3 - Le Nouveau Vendredi (Friday Special), and LOOK Magazine.
- 1981: Argentina, 52' for FR3 (French Television) - Le Nouveau Vendredi,
- 1982: La Guerre des Malouines - The Falkland's War, for CBS (USA) and French television,
- 1994: Ma Guerre d'Indochine with Général Bigeard, for TF1 (French Television),
- 1994: Général Bigeard's Life : 3 x 52 minutes: Indochina, Algiers & Bigeard (Editions Carrère / Warner)
- 1998: Portrait of Alain Charest, "Gold Prospector for the new Millenium". A 26 minutes TV feature filmed in Mexico (Aug. '98)
- 2007-08: Special assignment for France24 TV (french satellite television channel) California/Mexico Border - Immigration & Drug dealers (24 minutes)
Since may 1995: Chief Correspondent - PressCom Photo & TV Agency in California, The WebMobile
1994: TV director: portrait of Général Bigeard (3 x 52 minutes).
1992-94: President and CEO, Image+ (ImagePlus), Paris, Press Photo Agency, specialized in Information technology and Digital Imaging for Press Professionals.
1987-92: Editor in Chief- Sygma Press Photo Agency, Paris.
1982-86: Chief Correspondant for Sygma in Latin America, Buenos-Aires (Argentina).
Special Assignments in Latin America (Time Magazine Cover)and Lebanon
1972-81: photo, radio, TV and texts correspondent in Africa (Abidjan, Chad, Cameroon , Gabon, etc.)
1974: consultant for Bernard Chevry and Xavier Roy - Midem organization: Press Officer for MIP TV. Creation of the first VIDCA (Sept. 1974)
1967-1972: Air Afrique (Airline)- Paris and Abidjan (Ivory Coast) Press Officer & Film Director
Page d'accueil Homepage
Dessins originaux: ©Rozier-Gaudriault-1995 © copyright-1995/2011 PressCom - WebMaster